Who am I
Research. My research primarily focuses on advancing the field of Machine Learning by understanding and developing novel probabilistic models that address real-world biomedical problems. To overcome the common challenges encountered in the biomedical field, such as missing data and heterogeneous modalities, I am dedicated to learn, develop and apply heterogeneous generative models that offer more accurate and reliable predictions. I have a deep interest in the fields of eXplainable AI (XAI) and ethical AI. With the growing influence of AI technologies in our society, it is crucial to ensure transparency, trustworthiness, and ethical alignment.
Previously. I obtained my Ph.D. with honors (cum laude) from UC3M (Universidad Carlos III de Madrid) in the field of Machine Learning for Personalised Medicine, specifically the clinical microbiology field. I am grateful for the invaluable guidance and joint supervision provided by Dr. Pablo M. Olmos and Dr. Vanessa Gómez-Verdejo throughout my doctoral journey. During my thesis, I was affiliated with the Gregorio Marañón Health Research Institute (IISGM), where I had the privilege of working under the guidance of Dr. Belén Rodríguez-Sánchez. The experience gained during my time at IISGM has significantly shaped my research interests and provided me with valuable insights into the challenges faced by the biomedical community.
- August 2023: Our paper Detecting train driveshaft damages using accelerometer signals and Differential Convolutional Neural Networks Networks has been published in the Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence journal!
- July 2023: We’ve just submitted a new paper titled Exploring the Power of PPG Matrix for Atrial Fibrillation Detection with Integrated Explainability to the Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine journal.
- June 2023: Excited to embark on a new journey as a postdoctoral researcher at the Bioengineering and Optoelectronics Group in UPM!
- June 2023: I am thrilled to announce that I have successfully obtained my Ph.D. titled “Clinical Microbiology with Multi-view deep probabilistic models” with honors!
Stay tuned for more updates on my research, achievements, and future endeavors!
- Postdoctoral researcher at the Bioengineering and Optoelectronics Group, UPM, Madrid, Spain.
- Ph.D. candidate at Signal Processing Group, UC3M, and predoctoral researcher at Gregorio Marañón Health Research Institute, Madrid, Spain.
- M.Sc. in Information Health Engineering at UC3M, Madrid, Spain.
- Telecommunication Engineer at Alcort, Mallorca, Spain.
- Research assistant at UGIVIA, UIB, Mallorca, Spain.
- B.Sc. in Telematics Engineering at UIB, Mallorca, Spain.